How many times have you sat staring in your fridge wondering what to eat for breakfast? It is very easy to get into a rut by eating the same foods. However, it is important to change up your meals to allow for a wider variety of nutrients. That’s why we have our favorite clean breakfast recipe’s that are quick, easy, and healthy.
And oh boy do we love to have fun with our breakfasts. We get creative with trying new healthy recipes such as vegan, or grain free meals. We’ve tried all sorts of recipe’s and have put together our favorite five clean breakfast go tos, and want to share them with you. These meals are quick and easy to make, which can allow you to save time for the rest of your morning rituals. Please read on to find our top five clean breakfast ideas.
1. Acai Bowl
A breakfast made of acai smoothie bowl provides clean, tasty energy to start your day, and it’s a beautiful experience as well. The berry contains minerals, good fats, antioxidants, and fiber. Acai can come in the form of a frozen puree blend or a freeze-dried powder. The best thing about these delightful bowls (besides the clean nutrition) is that there is such a variety of creative ways to make the dish.
- 1 frozen banana to puree
- 1 100-g (3.5-oz) of pack of frozen unsweetened acai berry pulp or 2 Tbsp of freeze-dried powder
- 1/2 a cup of leafy greens (spinach or kale are great ideas) for some pretty awesome nutrients
- 1/2 a cup of an avocado for that good fat everybody needs
- ½-1 a cup of coconut water or almond milk
- 1 T of almond butter
- ½ a cup of frozen blueberries for a lot of antioxidants to help your immune system
- 1/4 cup of raspberries or blueberries for even more nutrients
- 1/2 a cup of small banana slice up into smaller pieces. We’re not sure you can have too many bananas so eat them up
- 1/4 a cup of chia seeds that you can find at your local Whole Foods or organic foods store
- 1/4 a cup of sliced strawberries (organic is best)
- 1/4 a cup of granola, optional
- Shredded unsweetened coconut because heaven came down to earth and it’s called coconut
- A drizzle of raw honey, optional
- Sprinkle of bee pollen, optional
Directions for the Acai Bowl:
- Prepare the acai purée in a blender by adding banana, acai, greens, avocado, berries, almond butter, and the coconut water.
- Blend on low until it’s the consistency you like
- Add additional liquid if you need to thin it out.
- Pour the acai purée into a bowl and place the toppings creatively on top.
- Devour your clean breakfast with delight.
Be creative and try new ideas every morning. Speaking of a new idea, have you heard of Nice Cream?
2. Banana Nice Cream Smoothie
Everyone loves ice cream right? However, everyone dislikes the fat, calories, and the bloat that comes with it. Also, ice cream doesn’t provide the energy that is necessary to start the day. That’s why we love starting our day off with Banana Nice Cream. It doesn’t contain any refined sugar like ice cream but instead gives you healthy nutrients from the ingredients- making it another clean breakfast recipe for you to enjoy.
The best part about this smoothie is the ease of it. All you have to do is throw in all the ingredients into a blender, push a button, and pour it into a glass. If you don’t want the flavor of banana every day, a great option is to add in some peanut butter.
- 2 teaspoons of coca powder
- 1 tablespoon of organic peanut butter
- 1 frozen banana
- Your choice of toppings (blueberries, honey, dark chocolate pieces, pecans)
- Put slices of the frozen banana in your food processor
- Add the cocoa powder and peanut butter
- Pulse until smooth and at your desired consistency
- Pour into a bowl, and add your topping of choice
- Eat and enjoy!
3. Energy Balls
No bake energy bites provide just that: no baking and energy. Plus, they add some necessary protein into your daily routine which is why, again, it’s a favorite clean breakfast of ours.
The fantastic part about this breakfast idea is that it can be made in large batches beforehand, therefore making the perfect breakfast on the go. Just keep them in your fridge in an airtight container, and they’ll be perfect for those five day work weeks. Alternatively, freeze for more extended storage.
- 1 a cup of oats
- 1/2 a cup of peanut butter
- 1/3 a cup of agave nectar or local raw honey
- ⅔ a cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- ½ cup of ground flax seeds
- 1Tbsp of chia seed
- 2 Tbsp of raw cacao powder or cacao nibs
You can substitute for other items such as slivered almonds, and cranberries.
Directions for Energy Balls
- Thoroughly mix all your ingredients.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about an hour or until firm enough to roll into balls
- Roll the mixture into bite-sized balls.
- Store the balls in an airtight container.
Enjoy! However, heads up, these are hard not to eat in one sitting!
4. Clean Pancakes
Who says you can’t eat pancakes that are healthy, nutritious, and delicious? Regular pancakes are prone to leaving you with a heavy feeling in your stomach and an empty stomach an hour after eating them. Moreover, even more importantly the gluten, processed sugar, and dairy products can lead to leaky gut and chronic inflammation.
Thankfully, there are many clean pancake recipes that you can make. It can be hard to find gluten-free recipes that aren’t full of processed sugars or mostly egg based. So look no further for a low allergen recipe that almost everyone can enjoy.
Check out this recipe for yummy pumpkin pancakes or this one for blueberry banana cinnamon Almond milk yogurt can be a great topping for pancakes, but you’ll want to save that for the parfaits listed next.
5. Almond Milk Yogurt Parfait
That phrase alone makes your mouth water. It should because this last breakfast idea is incredible and the ways you can make the parfaits are endless.
First off, you’ll need almond milk yogurt. We know that you’ll want to eat the yogurt on its own, but trust us, it’s delightful as part of the parfait. Our favorite brand is Kite Hill, plain yogurt as it doesn’t have added sugars. Sweeten to your liking with pure maple syrup or raw honey.
Secondly, you’ll need ingredients for layering and toppings. You can choose from gluten free or grain free granola, pumpkin seeds, or chia seeds, fresh or frozen raspberries or strawberries, cinnamon and nutmeg, coconut flakes; we could go on and on.
Last, layer yogurt with toppings until your parfait dish is full, top it off with some garnish for fun, and enjoy
Enjoy Your Mornings with Your New Clean Breakfast Ideas
We hope that you are as excited as we are about breakfast. You no longer have any excuses for skipping breakfast or settling on the typical and boring cereal and milk. The possibilities are endless and delicious with these fresh breakfasts.
Now you’re set with 5 new healthy breakfast recipes that will provide a wide variety of nutrient-rich foods that you will want to make again and again. If you want more inspiration stay tuned for a more in-depth look at gaining a new level of healthy living.